1.29.2009

Nose to Nose

Welcome to San Diego International Airport. Here we have a US Airways Airbus 320 and a Southwest Boeing 737 preparing to take off.

I remember as a little child going to the SD airport to watch the airplanes take-off and land. I still get excited watching these big birds.

Founded in 1928, San Diego International Airport is the 30th busiest airport in the country in terms of passengers and the busiest single-runway commercial service airport in the nation. Here are the facts about San Diego's unique airport.

San Diego is responsible for setting more than 42 historical "firsts" in aviation. These include records for altitude, distance, speed, duration, in-flight refueling and aerial photography. Others include the first aviation radio and the first night flight.

(photo credit goes to my husband for taking another great photo from the cockpit of his plane)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Those are the two biggest airlines in my city so this photo caught my eye. I used to like flying in to San Diego. I liked the way you had to drop suddenly after coming over the hills.

Barb said...

I don't know where they are going but I wish I was onboard....Barb